[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4.2 released

Andreas Heckel infonicrelay at t-online.de
Tue Oct 28 16:21:29 EST 2003

I saw that there is a fix for collector issue 148 and 168 regarding
CMFCore.MembershipTool::getCandidateLocalRoles

I made a change to this method to allow a user with a locally assigned
Manager role to delegate all protal roles at this context too.

    def getCandidateLocalRoles(self, obj):
        """ What local roles can I assign?
        """
        member = self.getAuthenticatedMember()
        if 'Manager' in member.getRoles():
            local_roles = self.getPortalRoles()
        else:
            roles = [ role for role in member.getRolesInContext(obj)
                            if role not in ('Member', 'Authenticated') ]
            if 'Manager' not in roles:
		local_roles=roles
	    else:
                local_roles = self.getPortalRoles()
        local_roles.sort()
        return tuple(local_roles)

My question is ... is that risky ?

Andreas Heckel                                  andreas at easyleading.org
LINUX is like a wigwam...no gates...no windows and an apache inside ;-)