[Zope-CMF] [dev] ui for membership management: a small proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Thu Oct 30 10:15:37 EST 2003

Hi!

In CMF HEAD we have an improved membership management API, but
CMFDefault still has no user interface to use these methods.

I'd like to add a basic interface to the zpt skin. It would be easier
for me to port my own stuff to CMFDefault if these changes are ok:

Each form has a controller script. That would mean:

- adding members_manage_form.pt and members_manage_control.pt

- modifying join_form.pt and adding join_control.pt

join_form / join_control would replace the old join_form.pt, register.py
and registered.pt. The changes would make the join_form usable for
managers as add form and resolve <http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF/130>.
(I'll not delete the obsolete files to ensure backwards compatibility.)

- adding a global 'Manage Members' Action that is visible for members
with 'Manage users' permission and points to members_manage_form.

If there are no objections, I'll add these changes to HEAD within the
next days.

Cheers,
Yuppie