[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] Better MemberData search for CMF

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Oct 31 07:42:11 EST 2003

In article <3FA1D1E2.60504 at clearwind.ca> you write:
> Sounds good to me from the brief overview.
>
>  From the Plone point of view we'd really like to move to CMFMember in
> Plone soon, it makes members archetypes objects so they can be:
>
> a) workflowed to handle proper registration and deletion and
> b) stores the user properties on user objects so they can be searched
> via portal catalog
>
> So yes anything that improves portal_metadata searching is good, but I'm
> not sure if we'd use it too much. Caveat: I haven't actually used
> CMFMember so not an authoritative source on all the issues.

Ok I understand the need, and indeed you'd use the catalog for your
searches then.

But I can't do this in the general case, I don't want 100000 LDAP
members to blow up the size of my ZODB and of my portal catalog, and
LDAP is perfectly able to do efficient searches so I don't want to
duplicate this information.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com