[Zope-CMF] [dev] some questions regarding Exceptions

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Fri Sep 12 09:03:11 EDT 2003

seb bacon wrote:
> The big blocker I can see is that achieving backwards compatibility
> could be a struggle.  I'm not sure about this though, someone would have
> to do a brief audit I guess.

Indeed. I think this would be a 1.5'er, but provided that's preceeded by a big
announcement, I'd be happy to see it go.
It would also be nice if all errors could be raised as soemthing that subclasses
something, like, say CMFException, so that can safely be caught withotu possibly
catching conflict errors and the like...

This would require some catching of some of the Zope strign errors and
re-raising them, but I think that's well worth doing...

cheers,

Chris