[Zope-CMF] Re: KeyError: main_template when upgrading to CMF 1.3.2

Tim Terlegård timte878 at student.liu.se
Tue Sep 16 07:53:32 EDT 2003

> > Uh, oh. I don't remember, actually, how I installed CMF. Maybe
> > it was from CVS and perhaps it's an early 1.4. In 1.3.2 the
> > URLTool is in CMFDefault I found.
>
> It's never a good idea to downgrade CMF. But on the over hand
> Plone 1.0.x doesn't work with CMF 1.4.x.

No, I noticed  :)
I think I will skip 1.3.2 and go directly to CMF 1.4 when Plone
1.1 is done. I hope that will work out better.

> Your portal_url object in the root folder of your site 'knows' if
> it is a CMFCore.URLTool or a CMFDefault.URLTool. You could delete
> the portal_url object ('CMF URL Tool') and add a 'Default URL Tool'
> instead.

Ok, that explains things. No product imported from CMFCore so it had
to be in ZODB. You confirmed it.

> > Is the KeyError: main_template associated with the URLTool error?
>
> Don't know. There might be other things broken, depending on the
> date of your checkout.

I'm back with my old CMF and things work fine. Thanks for clearing
things up Yuppie!

Tim