[Zope-CMF] [dev] delete members: related changes and updated proposal

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Sep 23 11:50:55 EDT 2003

In article <3F5B6378.5000408 at web.de> you write:
> 3.) deleteLocalRoles
>
> For implementing deleteMembers, two issues have to be resolved:
> a) deleteLocalRoles is protected by roles, not by permissions. I propose
> to protected it by ManageUsers of the object.
> b) deleteLocalRoles should have a 'recursive' argument.

This permission business is for me the most important thing. A hardcoded
permission in the method means we can't modify the policy easily. In
CPS, I planned to monkey patch it to check a permission (ManageUsers
seems fine), which means I can give local roles management permission to
whatever role I want.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com