[Zope-CMF] Re: __browser_default__ broken in CMF 1.4.x

Andy McKay andy at agmweb.ca
Mon Sep 29 14:35:34 EDT 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> I think the bug is more in "ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py".
> It should not go into an infinite loop when it gets an empty
> "entry_name".

I think I had this exact same argument with Casey Duncan about the
implementation of BaseRequest a while back.

> I had to fix the code to prevent the infinite loop in a different context:
>
>                     else:
>                         method = default_path[0]
>                         entry_name = method
>                         # DM: without this, we enter an infinite loop in case "method" is ''
>                         if not method: break

Hmm. Yeah Its clear the object is being traversed more than once and
hence the traversal is being fired more than once and going into its
loop which does sound like BaseRequest is more at fault.
--
   Andy McKay
   http://www.agmweb.ca