[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Aug 5 12:26:01 EDT 2004

yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> I'd like to release the beta by Friday, 6 August.
>>
>> I would actually prefer not to see any more features land before the
>> beta.  If you think there is an important feature, already set to go
>> but not in yet, let me know.
>

> I don't have a new feature, but there are some small issues I'd like to
> see resolved before the release:
>
> - mark getActionById() as deprecated / add a warning
>   (after converting topic_addSubtopic.py and if there are no objections)

I don't recall the issues here.

> - add Copyright headers to CMFSetup files
>   (or is there a new policy not to include them?)

Nope, adding hte headers is fine.

>   What would be the correct year for the Copyright?

2004 (the Python was a complete rewrite of the original
customer-specific version).

> - resolve open issues from
> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-July/020891.html> and some
> other CMFSetup issues

Here is my summary on those issues:

   #1:     Should be able to steal UI from the "Configured CMF Site" bit
           (I added the underlying machinery in order to support that).

   #2:     Done.

   #3, 4:  I think yuppie fixed these.

   #5:     Its a bug, but need not block the beta.

   #6:     The page templates we are using need to be CR-free.  We may
           need to change the mechanism we use for building the Windows
           release binary, such that it checks the sources out and
           zips them on a Windows system (I can't do that easily myself).

   #7:     I can't fix it, as I don't run Windows.

> Today I have time to work on some of these issues. Afterwards, I'm going
> to make a list of issues that are still unresolved.
>
> Could you please add a "CMFSetup" Topic ("CMFCalendar" is also missing)
> to the collector? I'd like to add the issues that are not fixed within
> the next days to the collector.

OK, done.

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com