[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Aug 6 10:41:28 EDT 2004

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

#5: fix import of workflow bindings

> I saw some checkins from you yesterday on the workflow export / import.
>  What is left?

I worked on definition.xml export.

What still does not work correctly is workflows.xml import. Portal types
that should not belong to any workflow get the (Default) workflow.

This should be easy to fix, but I didn't have a closer look at it.

#9: some unittests fail if run with test.py

> This is how I run them:
>
>   $ bin/zopectl run /path/to/all_cmf_tests.py
>   ... # note a DeprecationWarning, which I am still not happy with

Is there an easy way to suppress deprecation warnings (or even test
them) while testing deprecated code?

>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Ran 769 tests in 82.757s
>
>   OK
>
> I am not convinced that test.py is suitable for running tests of
> non-core software;  your report suggests to me a bug in test.py.
> Can you elaborate on what you think we could do in the CMF tests to
> work around that problem?

If I find the time I'll have a closer look at this. This should not be
too hard to fix, looks like a path issue.

#10: Not purging the existing setup seems to have some issues

>> How is not-purging supposed to work? Currently existing Actions are
>> deleted, reimporting raises errors.
>
> Each import step is supposed to know whether "don't purge" is sensible
> for it. and what to do when purging.  Running the same import twice
> without purging is highly likely to create conflicts (the same actions
> will be created twice, etc).

Well. The code could add actions only if they don't exist already.

> In theory, "don't purge" will be useful when applying a profile as an
> "update" to an existing site;  for it to work cleanly, the steps in the
> profile need to be designed for that.

CMF 1.5 needs some new / moved actions. It would be quite helpful if
CMFSetup could be used for migration.

I'd like to see the "update" use case work against customized sites.

BTW: Is there still time to check in one or two small fixes for CMF 1.5
beta? (Just if it doesn't cause any trouble.)

Cheers,
	Yuppie