[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Aug 7 08:48:56 EDT 2004

Gregoire Weber wrote at 2004-8-6 19:47 +0200:
> ... redirecting from link ...
>>>     (is this good for search engines?)
>>
>>Don't know.
>
>Does somebody know?

I am not completely sure, but I think search engines should
handle redirects without problem.

I am convinced that it is even better than displaying the
content under a faked URL:

  It is not nice at all to get the same information over and
  over again because it is available under different URLs.

  Redirecting to the true URL gives search engines the chance
  to recognize that it is indeed the same information
  (and update the link weight correspondingly).

--
Dieter