[Zope-CMF] [dev] After the goldrush....

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Fri Aug 13 10:24:01 EDT 2004

Some developer housekeeping / groundrule reminder stuff might be in order.

  - Last night, I created a new release branch, 'CMF-1_5-branch', which
    should be considered the new "supported" branch.

  - The 'CMF-1_4-branch' joins the ranks of "no longer active" release
    branches;  please don't commit changes there unless:

    o you plan to volunteer to shepherd a release;

    o you persuade me that you have identified a security issue
      important enough to make another 1.4.x release urgent.

    I particularly want the 1.4 branch to be ultra-stable so that *if*
    a security-related issue comes up, we can make a release quickly
    without worrying about unintended consequences.

  - I would like to do another CMF bug day before the final release.
    Since "last Friday of the month" is already teed up for Zope, we
    could either piggyback that date (27 August) or avoid it (e.g.,
    3 September).  Opinions?

  - New features should go in on the HEAD, unless you persuade me / the
    community that the lack of the feature is really a bug. ;).
    CHANGES.txt for the branch would ideally show only bugfixes from
    this point forward.

  - Please check bugfixes in on both the HEAD and the 'CMF-1_5-branch',
    and add them only to 'CHANGES.txt' on the branch.

Debate on any of this is, of course, in order.

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com