[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] After the goldrush....

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sat Aug 14 06:03:35 EDT 2004

Hi!

Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> Silly question: how much API changed in 1.5 since 1.4 in terms of broken
> applications? Any forseen problems? I'm going to put together 1.5b with all
> the software I need but just in case I wouldn't test all the features it'll
> be usefull to know.

Some things you should be aware of:

- permission changes (_checkPermission now checks for executable owner
and proxy roles, DublinCore accessors are now protected by 'View', ...)

- exception changes (many string exceptions were replaced by class
exceptions, ...)

- new Method Aliases: If you are using other Portal Types than those
shipped with the release, have a look at the 'Aliases' tab of the Types
Tool to see if Method Aliases are set correctly. If you maintain a
product with factory_type_informations, make sure to define 'aliases'.

If you are using the CMFDefault ZPT skin:

- The skin depends on some new / changed / moved Actions. There is
currently no easy way to update them. If you install CMFSetup, you can
replace *all* old Actions by the new set of default Actions.

- If you customized the skin, parts of the skin might be broken.

Most other changes should be backwards compatible. You'll see some
deprecation warnings if you use products not written for CMF 1.5.

As always: Make a backup before the update, read CHANGES.txt.

HTH, Yuppie