[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFUid isn't generating real uids

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Aug 16 13:59:26 EDT 2004

robert rottermann wrote at 2004-8-16 07:06 +0200:
>But I never want to run the risk to hit duplicate UID's when I import
>some documents from one Data.fs into an other.

Importing is a kind of copying.

Any correct UID implementation (and not only an UUID implementation)
*MUST* create a new UID when an object is copied.

Thus, you should not see the problem you expect.

However, it is quite likely that importing will break
all references (due to the creation of new UIDs).

--
Dieter