[Zope-CMF] Re: DTML, RSS customization and my incompetency...

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Tue Aug 24 14:51:51 EDT 2004

Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:

> Anybody has any idea what's going on? And can anybody show me right direction
> (I don't want to put more logic in itemRSS - I'd like to make it per-type
> customizable)?

don't do that - just alter itemRSS and switch formating per portal_type
you want a different rendering for. this is easy to do, fast and scales
well.

RSS in CMFDefault is 'just' a collection of dtml methods that issue a
query to portal_catalog and format the results to a template.

> P.S.
> Also rssBody doesn't really care for state of the documents which worries me
> somewhat.

you get the objects you are allowed to view by your role - try access
the feed as 'anonymous' and you will only get published objects in the
results.

--
Michael
http://planetzope.org