[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF API Documentation

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 23 04:32:08 EST 2004

Jeff Rodriguez wrote:
> In the CMF Documentation section on Zope.org there is no mention of a
> CMF API (atleast not readily apparent). I found some (obscure?)

Thanks for the obscure ;-)

> site
> with the API, but I am unsure of how accurate this is or how official
> it is.

It is not official but it is accurate to the extend that
epydoc (http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/) is accurate.
And it is not up-to-date since I didn't touch it since
a couple of month (no, it is not automatically updated)

> http://www.neuroinf.de/epydoc/cmf-api/

I've set this up because I wanted something
where I could link to from

     http://www.neuroinf.de/PloneDevTutorial

(another obsure site of mine) and I couldn't find any
online API doc at the time so I made my own.

> Shouldn't the API Doc be on Zope.org under CMF Documentation?

Yes, one might think so. It might be a nice service
at least. As long as this is not the case, I have no
problem continuing what I do.

In the end, it is not such a big issue because everyone
can make this API-doc for him- or herself using epydoc
on the particular (potentially customized) version
of CMF in use at the own place.

Raphael