[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Seb Bacon seb at jamkit.com
Wed Feb 25 06:27:24 EST 2004

yuppie wrote:
> Even if AT doesn't make it into the next CMF release we should think
> about integrating PortalTransforms, an UID tool and the references
> machinery into CMF 1.5.

+1.  Perhaps integrating Archetypes is too much to bite off in one go,
and we should aim for Archetypes in 1.6.

And on a related note:

Chrism said:
 > I'd like to see people rally around CMF rather than balkanizing into
 > smaller groups.

I agree :)  Working out the commonality between all parties with an
interest in using the CMF would benfit everyone.  This means making sure
that there is a standard way for people to share implementation-neutral
tools and skins.  I can see some slightly tricky issues lurking around,
starting with this question: these tools are currently maintained by a
separate but overlapping community - are we talking about (a) a vendor
import, (b) moving the master repository to cvs.zope.org, (c) a fork, or
(d) something else?

seb