[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Wed Feb 25 10:59:19 EST 2004

| I also have paradigmal (if that's a word) problems about including
| Archetypes, because I think having things defined at the class level
| removes one level of indirection in defining things TTW which is very
| useful and, I think, one of the strong points of CMF with its portal
| types. I won't go into details here as it's another discussion entirely.

I would like to hear a bit more about your ideas about Class Level
vs. TTW here. As I pointed out, recently I integrated CMFMetadata with
Archetypes, which allows for TTW editable metadata for Archetypes. It
wouldn't take much more to have TTW schemas. (Although I agree that we
should do away with the method generation thing, which is insane).

| What I'd really like, and others have already mentionned it, is that
| many of the smaller fundamental pieces that Archetypes uses be added to
| CMF, because they are very useful in general:
|
|  - PortalTransforms, which CPS already uses,
|
|  - the UID tool, which has been lacking for quite a while and which CPS
|    would be happy to use too,
|
|  - the references tool,

+1 all the way.

|  - something that can be used to decide what a sequence of screens used
|    for edition should be; I don't know if that's the entire scope of
|    CMFFormController or FormTool, but this basic function would be
|    useful for CPS too.

Thats CMFFormController.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are correct.
		-- Ralph Hartley