[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Feb 25 11:50:44 EST 2004

Stefane Fermigier wrote:

> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>
>> | This is the version of PT that we intend to ship in CPS3.0 (it *is
>> not* | included in CPS3.0rc3, since I did the CPS3.0rc3 release on
>> sunday and | started hacking PT on monday).
>> want to | integrate them. But for us it is a question of moving on
>> quickly.
>>
>> Sure we want it!
>
> I'm not that sure. There are files, for instance, that are specific to
> our testing framework. And it is not clear at this point that our code
> could be released under another license than the GPL.

Stefane, I am not sure I understand you.  Are you claiming the right to
block relicesnsing of AT under the ZPL if the AT team accept your
changes?  I would assume that your changes would then be substantive
enough to create "copyrightbale interest" in the derived work.  Does
Nuxeo have a policy of not contributing bugfixes or enhancements to
ZPL-licenced code?  I certainly was not under that impression;  in fact
I don't believe that such a position is consistent with the current fact
that Nuxeo employees have Zope.org CVS access.

Just to reiterate for clarity:  relicensing under the ZPL is an absolute
prerequisite to importing AT into the cvs.zope.org repository, which is
then itself a prerequisite for inclusion in the CMF.  We will need a
clean, auditable statement of provenance from everyone who has copyright
interest in the code-to-be-imported, or we can't move forward.

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com