[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 25 16:58:39 EST 2004

yuppie wrote at 2004-2-25 19:16 +0100:
>> Why not CMFFormController? IMHO, it is essential.
>
>It adds a lot of complexity:
>portal_form_controller, ControllerPageTemplates,
>ControllerPythonScripts, ControllerValidators and FormActions.
>
>We can do the same things using default PageTemplates, PythonScripts and
>Actions if we are willing to write some additional lines of code.

With "CMFFormController" these things become more standardized.

Currently, we have different idioms:

  *  form action goes to the page template. A python script or method
     at the start of this template performs validation, applies
     changes and does navigation.

  *  form action goes to a script. The script performs validation,
     applies changes
     and then renders some template (or redirects).

With "CMFFormController" we get a single idiom:

  Form action always goes to the template.
  Validation is modular and performed automatically
  Changes are applied as part of navigation
  Navigation is performed automatically

--
Dieter