[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Feb 26 13:33:51 EST 2004

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:10:36 -0500, Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, that was the original intent of the 'nouvelle' bit.  One thing I
>> am  slightly worried about is adding the dependency on Epoz;  we might
>> need  to think about how we degrade gracefully in it absence.
>

> -1 on adding Epoz to the core of CMF - it's the Content Management
> *Framework*. ;)
>
> Depending on which version of Epoz you are referring to (0.7.x - the
> original Epoz or the 1.0.x version, rewritten by Paul and Guido, soon
> to  get a new name :), the 0.7 series is very hard to extend cleanly,
> which is  another reason for not including it with the framework. It
> does what it  does very well, but it's not something you build on and
> extend with the  current architecture.

I wasn't planning anything very ambitious. :)

> Adding Epoz to CMFDefault I have no problem with, though.

Right, what was under discussion was reskinning CMFDefault.Document and
CMFDefault.NewsItem to use Epoz, if it were present.

> Which brings me to my next question: Has there been any progress on the
> previously discussed distribution change of separating CMFDefault from
> the  CMF Core, and not having any dependencies to it? Sorry if I'm
> covering old  ground here, but I couldn't find anything about it on the
> lists lately.

I'm pretty sure that CMFCore no longer has dependencies on CMFDefault.
Yuppie helped root out the last of those prior to 1.4 (I think).

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com