[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Christian Heimes heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Feb 29 03:33:10 EST 2004

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> In my experience (mostly from a DTML-point of view, but not exclusively)
> I have often found that self-referencing (or rather self-sumitting)
> forms are extremeley hard to maintain.

Because of the way the form controller works it's *very* easy and it's a
very good way to handle with forms, too.

> So, with that background, may I ask why forms that submit to themselves
> are considered a good feature from an application design point of view?

In my opinion it is. The form itself contains only the form and no
configuration data. All configuration options are outside the form in an
easy-to-read text file.

Here an example from the AT sources:

[default]
title = Edit

[validators]
validators = validate_base

[actions]
action.success = traverse_to:string:content_edit

Easy, isn't it? :)

Christian