[Zope-CMF] Retrieving member information on CMF.

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Jan 29 21:03:59 EST 2004

ramon.aseniero at tryarc.com wrote:

> I’ve added new properties to the portal_memberdata and added new
> member with those new data filled in, how do I retrieve them? I would
> like to display them on page.

The memberdata tool wraps users in 'MemberData' instances. These have a
method 'getProperty' that does exactly what the name suggests. You can
see this at the bottom of CMFCore.MemberDataTool or probably in the
online-help CMF API docs.

--jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)