[Zope-CMF] Nuxeo and Nexedi to organize a CPS/ERP5 sprint in Paris by the end of August 2004

Stefane Fermigier sf at nuxeo.com
Fri Jul 2 11:51:58 EDT 2004

We're organizing a CPS/ERP5 in Paris in August. If you have questions,
ask to the cps-erp5-sprint mailing lists.

Hope to see you in Paris.

      S.

--

Nuxeo and Nexedi to organize a CPS/ERP5 sprint in Paris by the end of
August 2004

Goal: to transfer competencies between developers, to bootstrap new
developments, and to reinforce and enlarge the CPS and ERP5 developers
communities

Dates: 25-27 August 2004 (to be confirmed, might change to 27-29 if many
participants prefer to work over the week-end)

Participants: Nexedi and Nuxeo developers, and external developers
interested
by CPS and/or ERP5.
Warning: only experimented Zope+CMF developers, with at least a first
contact
with CPS or ERP5, will be invited. You should at least have some experience
developing new products for the CMF using Python.
We're expecting between 8 and 20 persones overall.

Place: Paris, 20th arrondissement.

Programme: first day will be devoted to lectures and discussions on the
CPS and
ERP5 architectures, and on the project to start during the sprint.  The
following two days will be devoted to implementation, using pair-programming
and test-driven development, under the guidance of one or several coaches
(experimented developers from Nuxeo and Nexedi).

Projects: one of the project will be to improve CPS / ERP5 integration.

Hardware: people will need to come with their own laptops. We will provide
Ethernet and WiFi access. If someone can come with a beamer
(video-projector),
great, otherwise we will rent one.

More information about sprints:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SprintSchedule
    http://www.zopemag.com/Guides/miniGuide_ZopeSprinting.html

About CPS:
    - http://www.cps-project.org/
    - http://zope.org/Members/nuxeo/news/ep2004-slides

About ERP5:
    - http://www.erp5.org/
    - http://pythonology.org/success&story=nexedi
    - http://www.computer.org/itpro/cover_stories/smets.htm

Mailing list to discuss the sprint organisation: