[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] renamings

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Jul 7 12:26:05 EDT 2004

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I must say I don't like this style (also applies to folder_contents and
> friends). It makes it very difficult to reuse the logic from several
> templates.
>
> For instance suppose I want to use the logic in search.py once to
> display the normal search, and also to display a search-in-a-popup, and
> a third time to embed it in a sidebox. I cannot do that because the
> logic finishes by calling the rendering.
>
> I much prefer to have the template start by calling something that does
> all the logic, and then uses it to display its things as it wants.

Using default Zope2 scripts and templates, one has to call the other.
Each order has its drawbacks. One makes reusing logic difficult, the
other reusing presentation.

While calling templates from scripts is straight forward, the other way
round is hackish, at least if it's a form that is submitted to itself.

I see your point, but I'm not sure if it justifies to revert the
renamings. Don't know if there are other things you don't like about
this style and what other people think.

Cheers,
	Yuppie