[Zope-CMF] Re: SkinnableFolder vs PortalContentFolder

Norbert Marrale norbert at infocatch.com
Mon Jul 19 03:40:20 EDT 2004

Did a clean install of Zope 2.5.1 on XP and added a plain vanilla CMF 1.4.5,
created a new portal, added Skinned Folder to portal_types. Went to the
portal, added a skinned folder and published it...

Skinned Folders still inherit the Portal creation date values. (Just like
regular Portal Folders do when indexed through the ZMI).

Portal
Search Results

Found 3 items matching ''.
  	Title 	Type 	Date
	Norbert's Skinned Folder 	Skinned Folder 	2004-07-19 03:14:25
  	Test Skinned Folder Creation
	Random Document 	Document 	2004-07-19 03:17:43
  	See the Date...
	Norbert's Home 	Document 	2004-07-19 03:14:26
  	Norbert's front page

I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction of a possible
fix, since the correct behavior seems to be implemented in products like
Florent's PortalContentFolder and CMFArticle. (BTW, I still can't figure out
why PortalContentFolder doesn't get indexed on my FreeBSD box, while
CMFArticle does so without a hitch).

TIA, Norbert