[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMFSetup: some questions

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Jul 19 11:29:40 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>> Some further issues that might make sense to resolve for CMF 1.5:
>>
>> 1.) 'Properties' tab doesn't allow to select registered profiles
>

> That one should be an easy fix;  we just steal the code for the <select>
> widget from the add form.
>
>> 2.) 'Snapshots' tab has an unimplemented 'Compare Snapshots' button
>

> I have code for this (from the client project) which will need some
> cleanup (it has a couple of backported Differ classes which can likely
> go away, as difflib is present in the Python we care about).
>
>> 3.) these two lists are still implemented as attributes:
>>
>>   ' '.join(info['roles']);
>>   ','.join( info[ 'allowed_content_types' ] );
>

> We should fix that before final release.
>
>> 4.) there are some descriptions without an explicit description
>> element that add new lines on parsing, e.g.:

> Hmm, I was of two minds about that:  on one hand, adding a <description>
> node to an element with no other children or text content is kind of
> redundant.  On the other hand, if we can regularize the handling of that
> case across *all* handlers, that might outweigh the redundancy.
>
>> 5.) rolemap.xml and workflows.xml are not round trip save
>> (export -> import -> export creates two different exports)
>

> Those both sound like bugs, but I need more detail on reproducing them.

rolemap.xml: 1. export

   <roles>
     <role name="Member"/>
     <role name="Reviewer"/>
   </roles>

rolemap.xml: 2. export

   <roles>
     <role name="Anonymous"/>
     <role name="Authenticated"/>
     <role name="Manager"/>
     <role name="Member"/>
     <role name="Owner"/>
     <role name="Reviewer"/>
   </roles>

workflows.xml: 1. export

  <bindings>
   <default>
    <bound-workflow workflow_id="default_workflow"/>
   </default>
   <type type_id="Folder">

   </type>
   <type type_id="Topic">

   </type>
  </bindings>

workflows.xml: 2. export

  <bindings>
   <default>
    <bound-workflow workflow_id="default_workflow"/>
   </default>
  </bindings>

>> 6.) Windows exports contain CR/LF, LF and even CR newlines
>

> We may need to be opening files with the 'U' mode.
>
>> 7.) as already discussed off-list one unittest is failing on Windows
>> due to strange PageTemplateFile behavior
>

> Yep that one is wicked, as I don't really understand how it happens.

I'll see what I get done today of 3.) and 4.) and leave the rest to
"someone else".

Cheers, Yuppie