[Zope-CMF] Re: [Fwd: Re: DCWorkflow small glitch]

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Jul 21 10:00:05 EDT 2004

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 July 2004 12:28 pm, Dorneles Treméa wrote:
>
>>I'm just curious why we're doing additional tests on self.permissions
>>and self.roles lenght, instead on just replace all ';' by 'or'...
>

> Because that would be silly grammar. :-)  Tres' suggestion is better, although
> I still don't know what's wrong with it.

I found the syntax a bit jarring, myself;  I can imagine that a
non-native speaker would be confused by it.

BTW, multiple "or"'s in a sentence is a valid, but rarer case in
English:  it emphasizes (pretty strongly) the alternative nature of the
list.  In fact, I can't imagine speaking such a sentence without adding
emPHAsis to the "or"'s.

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com