[Zope-CMF] CMF base tag rant

Simon Eisenmann simon at struktur.de
Thu Mar 4 03:18:55 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> A browser should interpret the empty URL reference as a
> reference to the current document -- independent of the value
> of the "base" tag.

Well all browsers handle relative urls dependent of the base tag (as
they should imho), including the anchor links which are relative to the
current base.

Really the problem is that the browser default document for a folderish
object has _two_ urls from the browser perspective. One through the
folders default view and one for the object itself. This is the reason
we had to find a way to generate the anchor link exactly like the user
entered the url into his browser.

What is needed to solve this one and forever is a solution to have
_only_ one single url no matter if the user views a document through the
browser default delegation or directly. Plones base tag always is the
url of the real document (no matter of browser default delegation).

Best regards,
  Simon