[Zope-CMF] Re: 'portal_membership.getMemberById' became inaccessible

Rupert Redington rupert at neontribe.co.uk
Tue May 25 08:44:44 EDT 2004

Hi Kari-Hans
Hi Andreas

I seem to have Kari-Hans's problem:

Your description matches my problem exactly, though I suspect that some
other methods are affected. The problems seem for us to be to do with
the MembershipTool - I'm not at all clear wether this is a CMF or a
Plone issue...

I have installed VerboseSecurity as suggested and append its output below...

We run:

Zope 2.7.0

python 2.3.3

CMF 1.3.3

Plone 1.0.5

The site was written under zope 2.6.1 and has just been imported - it
seems to work well apart from problems of the type we're discussing here...

VeboseSecurity (great product - thanks for the pointer) says:

"The owner of the executing script does not have the required
permission. Access to 'getMemberById' of (MembershipTool at
/newsite/portal_membership) denied. Access requires one of the following
roles: ['Manager']. The executing script is (PythonScript at
/newsite/getNickNameNow used for /newsite/portal_memberdata/Academic),
owned by Anonymous User, who has the roles ['Anonymous']."

The python script getNickNameNow (which calls getMemberById) does have a
proxy role of manager. The authenticated user whose action raised this
error is a site manager both in the plone instance and in the underlying
zope root acl_users folder.

A similar error is raised when getPortalRoles is called:

"The owner of the executing script does not have the required
permission. Access to 'getPortalRoles' of (MembershipTool at
/newsite/portal_membership) denied. Access requires one of the following
roles: ['Manager']. The executing script is (ZopePageTemplate at
/newsite/member_search_form), owned by Anonymous User, who has the roles
['Anonymous']."

Any new ideas?

Thanks

Rupert