[Zope-CMF] Events/Future of CMF?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Oct 15 03:01:23 EDT 2004

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Hi again (CC'ing zope-coders),
>
> Tres replied (I think he forgot to CC the list) saying that he would
> like to use the Event [1]  and EventListenerTool [2] products which
> are being used for quite some time on a customer site.
>
> I've written a proposal [3] for inclusion of the Event product in Zope and
> triggering some events on places where it can be useful, primarily in
> ObjectManager.

Hello, here is a somewhat daft question, just to clarify for myself what
this is all about (caused by lack context and english-fu).

As I understand it, the scope for this is a framework for managing
"messages" (events), and responding accordingly when a message is
received (much like products such as MQ Series, etc, do).

This is not about calendar events and related services.

This is also not about timed events/actions (à la cron, etc) and related
services.

Is this a correct interpretation?

Thanks,

/dario