[Zope-CMF] Re: modifying TypeInformation's properties

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Sep 2 14:03:45 EDT 2004

Hi!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Anyone opposed to allowing TypeInformation's properties to by added ?

I did not think enough about it to be opposed to it, but I'm concerned.
An "everything goes" solution doesn't just add new possibilities, it
also adds much more complexity.

> It's a pain to monkey-patch everything when I could do a simple
> manage_addProperty. And I see nowhere the rationale for disallowing
> this. The culprit is TypeInformation's base class
> SimpleItemWithPropertie whose manage_propertiesForm disables schema
> edition.

Could you please specify some use cases for adding properties? Are there
any use cases where different properties per TypeInformation object are
needed? Would a small add on product define its own properties or would
there be a standardized schema for CPS or Plone?

Why do you have to monkey-patch TypeInformation? Can't you subclass FTI
/ STI?

Note that CMFSetup expects the default schema. Don't know if it just
ignores additional properties.

Cheers,
	Yuppie