[Zope-CMF] Re: modifying TypeInformation's properties

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Sep 3 11:04:04 EDT 2004

> Maybe special kinds of types should have their own Type Information
> class?

Why ? The TypeInformation classes are implementation details about the
type. The should not constrain how the TI is used, and should be
interchangeable.

> Factory-based Type Information and Scriptable Type Information
> are made for ordinary content types.

I don't know what you mean by that. They are made to construct CMF types.

#33 specifically talks about UI, not where the info is stored.
I'm not aware of anyone apart from you advocating moving that info
somewhere else from the TI.

> - Is the current default schema up to date, or should some fields be
> added / modified?
>
> - If we allow to add arbitrary fields to FTIs and STIs, how do
> components play together? Are the content types responsible for setting
> these values or the components that use these fields?

Just see them as annotations. Those who care about them will set them
and check them.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com