[Zope-CMF] Re: modifying TypeInformation's properties

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Sep 5 17:12:09 EDT 2004

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> Still trying to understand the use cases:
>>
>> How are these flags configured, e.g. if I want to write a content type
>> that should work with CPS? Can I set the properties as part of the fti
>> data in my product?
>

> Yes, as TI's __init__ calls manage_changeProperties

No. manage_changeProperties changes only existing properties.

>> Can I set them in the Types Tool TTW?
>

> Yes too.
>
>> Or does a CPS tool set them, using properties like annotations?
>

> No there's no additional tool, it's just set at the fti level or inside
> an installer when creating the TI "by hand".

AFAICS the only way to create them is "by hand" from installer code or
TTW. CMFSetup is broken if you use custom properties.

BTW: Is there any good reason why TI still subclasses
SimpleItemWithProperties? AFAICS the sole purpose of
SimpleItemWithProperties is to provide fixed schema support.

Cheers,
	Yuppie