[Zope-CMF] Re: modifying TypeInformation's properties

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Sep 6 12:31:46 EDT 2004

Hi!

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> Portlets are 100% content objects, not presentation objects, but they
> are not documents either..
>
> Then we have CMF types that are definitely not content types such as
> styles, layout modifiers, page blocks, .... These are 100% presentation
> objects, but the underlying logic is the same as with any other CMF type
>
> we have made a clear separation between content and presentation objects
> - see:
> http://cvs.nuxeo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/CPS3/CPSSkins/doc/CPS3-Integration.txt?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>

> The current FTI in CMF is designed for document types mainly - for
> instance there is a 'discussion alllowed' property which only make sense
> in the context of a document or something that can be added comments
> too.

Ok.

> So the current issue is about making it more flexible so that it
> does not make too many assumptions about the type of objects that it
> holds information about.

What I still don't understand is why making it replaceable is not an
option. All these kinds of types seem to be well defined and need a
predictable interface to work with the related products.

IMHO PropertyManager is useful to modify the properties of unique
objects, not of groups of objects.

Cheers,
	Yuppie