[Zope-CMF] Re: modifying TypeInformation's properties

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Sep 7 05:29:10 EDT 2004

Hi Tres!

Tres Seaver wrote:
>>> If products use additional properties, other products have to care
>>> about providing them.
>
> Nope, not if they are "optional";  only the code which sets up the site
> should care about them.  If we add an extensible mechanism for creating
> extra properties to CMFSetup, then all the policy moves to the CMFSetup
> profile, where it belogs.

Well. That's the part of CMFSetup I still don't understand. How is "the
code which sets up the site" created? Separating configuration from code
is the Right Thing. But how does that help to resolve dependencies
between products and the configurations they require?

Just an example: The "default" profile doesn't include CMFCalendar
configuration. How would we use CMFSetup for a site that needs calendar
features? Do we download a "CMF_with_calendar" profile? Or do we combine
a "default" profile with a "calendar_support" profile? And if yes: How?

Cheers,
	Yuppie