[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 release candidate imminent

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Sep 27 16:17:51 EDT 2004

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Sorry, very busy here.
>
> On 24 Sep 2004, at 23:43, yuppie wrote:
>
>>> I would like to make the RC this weekend, unless somebody has an
>>> ongoing bugfix which is both *imminent* and *important* enough to
>>> "stop the presses".  If I don't hear from anybody, I will tag the
>>> release sometime tomorrow morning (EST).
>>

>> Well. While I'm glad you want to move on, this comes a bit as a
>> surprise.
>>
>> There are two checkins I'm still not happy with:
>>
>> 1.) The TypeInformation properties change:
>> <http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/TypesTool.py.diff?
>> r1=1.74.2.1&r2=1.74.2.2>
>>
>> The last response from Florent regarding my critical remarks was:
>> "I'll have to think about all that..."
>> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-September/021218.html>
>>
>> This change was never finished and I propose to back it out if the
>> open issues are not resolved.
>

> I don't have strong feelings about this anymore. Please revert if you
> feel that's best. I don't see what harm it causes though.

I guess I don't understand Yuppie's objection.  The alternative is to
create another tool, which holds onto some set of "type annotations";
the current code allows third-party packages to register "policy" data
about certain types, which seens natural to put into the types tool.

Yuppie, can you clarify again?  Would your objection go away if the
types tool export handled properties more generically?

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com