[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] RFC: Extensible propertysheet use cases

Michel Pelletier michel at dialnetwork.com
Wed Sep 29 17:04:12 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:40, yuppie wrote:
> Hi Michel!
>

> Two reasons why I would prefer a new class:
>
> - The functions currently exposed in FactoryTypeInformation are mature
> and fool save compared to the proposed PropertySheets machinery. If you
> don't know exactly what you do, it is very likely that modifying the
> schema after creating instances of that type screws up your data.

The instance property sheets can define a custom getProperty that checks
against the type schema to see if it's changed.

> - FactoryTypeInformation is also used by Archetypes and CPSDocument.
> These have their own schema machinery that's not compatible with the
> PropertySheets machinery.

That's a good reason for a new class, but by "not compatible" do you
mean just different?  Or do thay actually conflict on the same
attributes and break each other?

> TW: Against which CMF version is your patch? I tried it with HEAD, but
> that didn't work.

Oops, this was developed against the customer site, 2.0.4.  I'll try and
get a head version out soon.

-Michel

--
Note: I use Active Spam Killer.  That means the first time you send me
an email, you will get a confirmation message that you must reply to in

http://www.paganini.net/ask/