[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] RFC: Extensible propertysheet use cases

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 30 16:40:49 EDT 2004

yuppie wrote at 2004-9-29 22:40 +0200:
>- The functions currently exposed in FactoryTypeInformation are mature
>and fool save compared to the proposed PropertySheets machinery.

We are using "PropertySheets" (on our custom instances, not
"FactoryTypeInformation"s) without problem (we use a patch
I posted to the collector for "manage_workspace").

>If you
>don't know exactly what you do, it is very likely that modifying the
>schema after creating instances of that type screws up your data.

This is usually solved via a migration script...

>- FactoryTypeInformation is also used by Archetypes and CPSDocument.
>These have their own schema machinery that's not compatible with the
>PropertySheets machinery.

I do not know about "CPSDocument" but "Archetypes" does not
keep its schema in "FactoryTypeInformation" instances.
"Archetypes" uses its schema for things like defaults, presentation,
classification, ...
The corresponding "FTI" instances would just not need to define
specific property sheets...

--
Dieter