[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] failing tests and other unit test issues

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Apr 4 13:25:49 EDT 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> yuppie  <y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
>
>>2.) test_DiscussionReply.py
>>
>>- while most test modules include tests for a corresponding module of
>>the product, these are tests for a single collector issue
>>
>>- the tests are not really unit tests, more something like integration tests
>

> Well there are lots of those in CMF anyway, no ?

True.

>>- they don't work with Zope 2.8
>>
>>- they are not included in test_all.py
>

> Note, test_all.py should not be used anymore. bin/zopectl test is the
> way to go.

I'd rather see those being removed than getting out of sync. They are
not part of the API, so I don't think we need a long warning period.

>>- AFAICS there are other tests that cover the related collector issue
>>
>>Anybody wants to fix these tests for Zope 2.8? If not, I'd like to
>>remove them.
>

> If what's tested there is also tested elsewhere, why not...

I'm not sure about that. But there are 2 DiscussionTests that check the
talkback wrapper, and AFAICS missing wrappers were the problem of
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/318

Cheers,

	Yuppie