[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5.1 release schedule

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Apr 11 04:07:39 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Just as a heads-up:
>
> I would like to release a second beta (1.5.1beta2) this coming weekend.
> If no serious bugs are found, the final version (to be released 1-2
> weeks later) should not be much different from the beta.
>
> To help this process, once 1.5.1beta2 is out I would like to restrict
> checkins to the CMF-1_5-branch until the final CMF 1.5.1 version is
> released. Only serious bugs or bugs uncovered as part of the beta cycle
> should be checked in between 1.5.1beta2 and 1.5.1 final. Once 1.5.1
> final is out the "normal" rules apply, meaning "no big feature changes
> on the maintenance branch" and "need to be fully backwards compatible
> across minor releases".
>
> Just as Andreas has done with Zope itself, I want to champion a more
> ordered and timely release schedule. This implies that no one will have
> to scramble getting their favorite bug fixes into the CMF before a
> release because it was never clear when the next release came.
>
> Action item for the active developers: Please comment if you see a
> problem with this schedule or the changed release philosophy.

+1

But just to make it explicit:

For CMFSetup the "normal" rules are not suitable. CMFSetup is not as
mature as the other packages and we still have to change it in
fundamental ways. Though these changes might not always be fully
backwards compatible, I believe we should keep merging them into the
CMF-1_5-branch.

Cheers, Yuppie