[Zope-CMF] Re: test failures

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Apr 22 15:28:23 EDT 2005

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Hmm, if I remove the 'test_all' fossil on the 1.4 branch, and run the
> tests using 'bin/zopectl test', all is well -- the tests are actually
> failing the second time through, when somebody has stomped on the
> 'DummyFTI' instance imported from 'Products.CMFCore.tests.base.dummy'.
>
> Would anyone be torqued if we removed all the 'test_all' shims from the
> CMF 1.4 branch?  All they are doing now is making it take longer to run
> tests, and potentially creating testing bugs.

Note that backporting the test_all.py changes from CMF 1.5 would also
resolve this issue.

AFAIR Zope 2.6 doesn't ship with test.py and testrunner.py doesn't work
for the CMF. So people might have trouble running tests on Zope 2.6
without all_cmf_tests.py.

But *if* all_cmf_tests.py and test_all.py are obsolete on the 1.4
branch, I can't see why we should keep them on CMF-1_5-branch and HEAD.

Just my 2 cents. Yuppie