[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.5.3 beta?

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Aug 1 10:13:38 EDT 2005

On 1 Aug 2005, at 16:04, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> We have been doing it in CPS for a while, in a "CPSCompat"
>> product. It's
>> very easy, this is python, we can monkey-patch everything we need.
>
> The problem with that approach is that it introduces the risk that
> bugfixes never make it back to the underlying product, because nobody
> has the incentive (beyond good intentions) to land them.  <span
> class="ironic">Of course, nobody would actually succumb to that
> temptation.</span>

My policy is to include in CPSCompat only code that has alreay been
checked in to the CMF 1.5 branch or (or Zope 2.8 branch), and excatly
that code (no additional patches). This avoids the problem you
mention, because I know the code I need will be in the next minor
release, so everything gets to be maintained properly.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com