[Zope-CMF] Re: Plone participation in the CMF list

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Aug 2 08:40:49 EDT 2005

On 2 Aug 2005, at 13:27, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Tres Seaver  <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the discussion around Archetypes, in particular, ended up
>> stalled over the question of whether to "code generation" design
>> should be preferred over "configuration-based" design (as found in
>> CPSSchemas, for instance).
>>

> Also now that Zope 3 is taking more and more importance in CMF, any
> schema-based solution should be based on Zope 3 schemas. IMO both
> Archetypes and CPSSchemas are too big frameworks to include in CMF.

Absolutely. I think at least at the CMF developer level we're in
agreement that the direction is "towards Zope 3 via Five". Any
decision we make about including new code must be made with that in
mind.

Which leaves the question, because I simply don't know: What is the
direction Plone is moving in?

jens