[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] i18n improvements - a proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Aug 10 06:40:19 EDT 2005

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>
> Just one minor question out of curiosity:
>
>> i18nextract.py is quite zope3 specific, but with some modifications it
>> seems to work quite well for CMF. I'd like to add a modified
>> i18nextract.py to the root of the CMF repository.
>

> How about making the original i18nextract.py more generic from the
> onset instead of having the CMF provide its own?

I did consider that. But

a) we need something that works with ZopeX3-3.0.1.

b) this is still work in progress, I'm not sure about all the necessary
modifications.

c) I wanted to focus on the other tasks right now.

I agree that in the long run zope3's utilities/i18nextract.py and
app/locales/extract.py should be modified based on our experiences.

Cheers, Yuppie