[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] i18n improvements - a proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Aug 11 03:36:46 EDT 2005

Hi Dieter!

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> yuppie wrote at 2005-8-9 19:11 +0200:

>>2.) Using different domains for different products:
>>
>>While 'cmf_default' should be used by the core products (CMFCore,
>>CMFDefault, CMFTopic, CMFSetup) I'd like to use 'cmf_calendar' for
>>CMFCalendar.
>

> Can we give "CMFCore" its own domain?
>
> We would like to use "CMFCore" without any reference to
> "CMFDefault".

Are you concerned about imports from CMFDefault or do you see a need to
ship CMFCore with its own translations?

My plan was to define this in CMFCore.utils::

   CMFCoreMessageID = MessageIDFactory('cmf_default')

That way there is no need to import something from CMFDefault but
CMFCore translations will have the 'cmf_default' domain.

Cheers, Yuppie