[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: Flon functionality ported to CMF?

whit whit at burningman.com
Sun Aug 28 20:37:12 EDT 2005

> Yes.  The current roadmap[1] calls for updating the CMF itself to
> exploit Z3-via-Five in a number of ways;  such a UI would be very useful
> in that effort.  It might even be useful *without* the catalog stuff
> (but I haven't looked at what the exact dependencies are).

A primary reason for the plip was the exposure of apidoc within Plone.

Also, iirc, yuppie was talking about creating a more general framework
for using stub interfaces, and it would be nice to roll all of these
efforts into one at the lowest possible level.

re: dependencies, the one dependency that makes Flon currently plone
centric is it's dependence on Plone's interface tool, which it extends
to allow for the inspection of the new style of interfaces.

Implementing this tool as a utility and making it backwardly compatible
(ie available from getToolByName) might be useful for everyone, and not
further pollute the portal root with damn tool objects.

-w