[Zope-CMF] Metaclass of derived class question: Fixed

Rob Boyd boydrobh at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 17:05:56 EST 2005

--- Rob Boyd <boydrobh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I recently moved a CMF product I developed from older Zope/CMF
> versions
> to newer, and have run into "metaclass of a derived class must be a
> (non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases" when
> attempting to import the product.

Never mind... when changing to import CMFBTreeFolder from CMFCore
rather than BTreeFolder2 product, I was importing the entire module,
not the class. And then referred to the module rather than the class in
MyClass(CMFBTreeFolder).

Still haven't deciphered the error messages, though (still curious even
though my problem is fixed). Reading David Mertz's article on metaclass
programming now, on IBM's developerworks.

Rob