[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF GenericSetup log levels

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Dec 15 06:05:04 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>> 1.) It would be nice to have a policy for Zope. If the Zope core
>> officially supports the BLATHER level (not just in the deprecated zLOG
>> module) I'm fine with using it in GenericSetup as well.
>

> It doesn't, ZODB has a mapping for it but it's a stupid name left over
> from before the same timeframe as STUPID_LOGGER and some of the wacky
> error messages that ZServer used to spit out. I really want it to die :-(

Stupid is in the eye of the beholder. You don't like something that's useful
for others so you want it to die. Congratulations for your openmindedness.
And you apparently can't grasp the idea that there can be different levels
of informativeness.

> Python has .info and .debug.
>
> If this stuff is useful and normal people will want to know it, it
> should be at info.

There's no such thing has normal people. There are many profiles. And at
different times the same person may want to read information at a more
detailed level than usual. Just INFO and DEBUG is not enough.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com