[Zope-CMF] Dependencies from Products.PageTemplates

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Dec 19 08:49:50 EST 2005

There is a good chance that the current ZPT implementation of Z2 will be
replaced with a wrapper implementation around the Z3 ZPT code (my current
implementation provides wrappers for ZopePageTemplate and PageTemplateFile
which works fine with a nacked Zope). After a deprecation period there is a
good chance that the TALES module and most all other additional
functionalies from the Products.PageTemplates might disappear. CMF
currently
uses functionality from Expressions.py, TALES and some other modules. Do
you see any chance to migrate the related code to use Z3 functionality so
we could leave just a thin Z3 ZPT wrapper in place for backward
compatibility?

-aj