[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.6 change broke Plone compatibility

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Dec 20 08:27:50 EST 2005

On 20 Dec 2005, at 13:10, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> The following checkin on the 1.6 branch, which looks like a pure
>> cleanup item, completely breaks Plone 2.1 and up on CMF 1.6. I
>> assume that was not the intention.
>>
>> http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/1.6/CMFCore/TypesTool.py?
>> rev=40364&r1=40360&r2=40364
>
> Do you know how it breaks Plone, exactly?
>
> What was this checkin intended to do?

I don't know what the checkin was supposed to do apart from a
cleanup, that's why I am asking Yvo.

That "CMFDynamicViewFTI" doohickey (no idea what that is, really, but
Plone needs it for some reason) tries to import "typeClasses" from
CMFCore.TypesTool and add information about itself to it. See
"fti.py" module.

jens